The Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism is pleased to announce that early bird registration is open for The Future Is Now: Legal Services 2.019. The Commission will host the annual conference on Thursday, May 16, 2019 at Venue SIX10 in Chicago. The theme is The Rule of Law Amid Change.
Now in its fourth year, The Future is Now will feature 10 industry thought leaders discussing the rule of law amid rapid innovation in the legal profession. Participants will consider this dynamic interplay affecting the delivery of legal services and the foundational principles of the profession.
Future law-focused topics will examine evolving alternative legal landscapes, legal technology, blueprints for change and more. Rule of law and professionalism topics will explore civility, access to legal services and equality under the law.
The speaker roster includes:
- Lucy Endel Bassli, Deputy General Counsel of Legal Operations, Contracting and Corporate G&A at Snowflake Computing
- MJ Cartwright, CEO of Court Innovations
- David L. Douglass, Managing Partner of Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton, LLP
- April Faith-Slaker, Associate Director of Research Innovations at Harvard Law School’s Access to Justice Lab
- Rich Lee, General Counsel at Civis Analytics
- Blake D. Morant, Dean and Robert Kramer Research Professor of Law at The George Washington University Law School
- Daniel B. Rodriguez, Harold Washington Professor at Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Robin Steinberg, CEO of The Bail Project
- Gyi Tsakalakis, Founder and President of AttorneySync
A complete speaker lineup, talk titles and conference schedule will be announced at a later date.
The early bird registration fee of $75 is valid until Sunday, March 31. Conference seating is limited.
The Future Is Now is approved for 5.0 hours of professional responsibility CLE credit in Illinois, including 0.5 hours of diversity and inclusion CLE. To receive credit, attendees must complete feedback forms, which will be emailed to participants after the conference along with certificates of attendance.
For additional information, visit our website or contact David Bell at email@example.com or 312-363-6210. In the meantime, get the conversation started on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn using hashtag #TheFutureIsNow.
About the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism
The Illinois Supreme Court established the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism in 2005 under Supreme Court Rule 799(c) to foster increased civility, professionalism and inclusiveness among lawyers and judges in Illinois. By advancing the highest standards of conduct among lawyers and judges, 2Civility works to better serve clients and society alike. For more information, please visit 2Civility.org and follow us on Twitter @2CivilityOrg.
Laura Bagby, Communications Director