In this episode of Reimagining Law, we talk to Jeff Bunn, the founding member of The Mindful Law Coaching & Consulting Group. Jeff discusses the importance of mindfulness for lawyers, why they can be averse to meditation, and some practical ways that lawyers can manage uncertainty.
Subscribe to our channel to stay up to date on new episodes of Reimagining Law!
- 0:40: How did your legal career lead you to become a mindfulness advocate for lawyers?
- 2:44: How do you define mindfulness? Why are lawyers so averse to mindfulness and meditation?
- 6:53: What are some practical ways that lawyers can manage uncertainty?
- 10:44: What can bar associations and the profession as a whole do to help with the high rate of mental health and substance abuse issues in the legal profession?
- A Healthy Legal Profession Starts with Law Student Well-Being
- Lawyers Must Be Present in the Moment
- The Benefits of Meditation Await You Counselor
Before founding The Mindful Law Coaching & Consulting Group, Jeff Bunn was a litigation attorney who practiced in both state and federal courts for nearly 40 years. Previously, Jeff was the chair of the Chicago Bar Association Commercial Litigation Committee and more recently was the founder and chair of the CBA Committee on Mindfulness and the Law. Jeff was also the first vice-chair of the Lawyers’ Assistance Program’s (LAP) Illinois Task Force for Lawyer Well-Being.
Connect with Jeff Bunn and The Mindful Law Coaching & Consulting Group
- Jeff’s LinkedIn
- The Mindful Law Coaching & Consulting Group’s LinkedIn
- The Mindful Law Coaching & Consulting Group’s Website
About Reimagining Law
The Reimagining Law video series explores how legal and judicial professionals are adapting the delivery of services to meet the unique needs of today’s consumers. The first episodes will focus on the ways that attorneys and judges are continuing to deliver justice amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Reimagining Law is produced by the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism. This episode was recorded on July 17, 2020.