In this episode of Reimagining Law, we talk to Randy Curato, a Vice President at the Attorneys’ Liability Assurance Society. Randy discusses the risk management challenges lawyers face while working from home and how to mitigate risk as lawyers and their clients transition back into the office.
Subscribe to our channel to stay up to date on new episodes of Reimagining Law!
- 0:38: From a risk management perspective, what challenges have lawyers faced working from home and advising clients during this global pandemic?
- 2:06: During this time, have any positive practices emerged?
- 4:01: How should lawyers be counseling clients about bringing employees back into the office and moving back into the office themselves?
- 5:04: How can lawyers mitigate risk as they transition back to offices?
- 7:29: What changes do you hope persist after COVID-19?
- 4 Ethical Questions for Operating a Virtual Law Firm
- ABA TECHREPORT: Lawyers Fail to Secure Client Data in the Cloud
Randy J. Curato
Randy Curato is a Vice President at the Attorneys’ Liability Assurance Society (ALAS) where he counsels and educates lawyers on ethics, professional responsibility, and avoiding malpractice. Prior to joining ALAS, Randy was a partner at Bell, Boyd & Lloyd for 18 years. There he handled litigation, arbitration, and trials of commercial, real estate, environmental, probate, product liability, professional malpractice, and contract cases.
Connect with Randy Curato and ALAS
About Reimagining Law
The Reimagining Law video series explores how legal and judicial professionals are adapting the delivery of services to meet the unique needs of today’s consumers. The first episodes will focus on the ways that attorneys and judges are continuing to deliver justice amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Reimagining Law is produced by the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism. This episode was recorded on May 27, 2020.
Staying up to date on issues impacting the legal profession is vital to your success. Subscribe here to get the Commission’s weekly news delivered to your inbox or follow our YouTube channel to be notified when a new Reimagining Law video is posted.