In this episode of Reimagining Law, we talk to Nancy L. Vincent, Director of Administration at the Illinois Board of Admissions to the Bar. Nancy discusses the Supreme Court’s decision to postpone the July bar exam, other options that were explored, what is happening nationally, and what special arrangements are being planned for September’s bar.
Subscribe to our channel to stay up to date on new episodes of Reimagining Law!
- 0:35 – Nancy discusses the Illinois Supreme Court’s decision to postpone the July bar exam to September.
- 3:02 – How is bar exam registration being handled and how many were already registered for the July exam?
- 3:39 – How many people register to take the exam in July normally?
- 4:04 – Do you expect any change in the number of registrants?
- 4:52 – Is the Board considering special arrangements for the September bar exam?
- 5:35 – Should September test takers expect to be admitted in November?
- 6:23 – How does the Uniform Bar Exam work? Do you expect more or fewer people to port their scores from one state to another?
- 8:34 – Did the Board consider provisional licensing?
Nancy L. Vincent
Nancy Vincent serves at the Director of Administration for the Illinois Board of Admissions to the Bar. Nancy has been a public servant throughout most of her career, working as both a public defender and as legal counsel for state agencies. Nancy holds both a JD from Washington University and an LLM from Loyola University Chicago. When she’s not working, Nancy spends time knitting or weaving, and walking her two large dogs.
Connect with the Illinois Board of Admissions to the Bar
About Reimagining Law
The Reimagining Law video series explores how legal and judicial professionals are adapting the delivery of services to meet the unique needs of today’s consumers. The first episodes will focus on the ways that attorneys and judges are continuing to deliver justice amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Reimagining Law is produced by the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism. This episode was recorded on May 5, 2020.
Staying up to date on issues impacting the legal profession is vital to your success. Subscribe here to get the Commission’s weekly news delivered to your inbox or follow our YouTube channel to be notified when a new Reimagining Law video is posted.