In this episode of Reimagining Law, we talk to Erika Harold, an attorney at Meyer Capel in Champaign, Illinois. Erika discusses how litigation practice has been influenced by COVID-19, how clients have responded to delays in cases, and what might change as some courts reopen on June 1.
Subscribe to our channel to stay up to date on new episodes of Reimagining Law!
- 0:38 – How has the litigation practice been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic?
- 1:09 – How have clients responded to delays in cases and a lack of access to the courthouse?
- 1:56 – Have you seen more settlements as a result?
- 2:50 – How do you see the Illinois Supreme Court’s order on reopening the courts and conducting more hearings as of June 1 impacting your practice and client perspectives on litigation?
- 4:08 – How have interactions between lawyers changed during the pandemic?
- 5:56 – Will there be long-lasting changes in litigation as a result of the pandemic?
Erika N. L. Harold
Erika Harold is a litigation and dispute resolution attorney at Meyer Capel in Champaign, Illinois, where she handles complex commercial litigation matters and disputes involving wills, estates, and trusts. Prior to Meyer Capel, Erika worked as an attorney in the litigation groups of Sidley Austin LLP and Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C., representing businesses in commercial disputes and advising religious institutions in matters involving First Amendment protections. Erika also serves as a Commissioner on the Commission on Professionalism.
Connect with Erika Harold and Meyer Capel
About Reimagining Law
The Reimagining Law video series explores how legal and judicial professionals are adapting the delivery of services to meet the unique needs of today’s consumers. The first episodes will focus on the ways that attorneys and judges are continuing to deliver justice amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Reimagining Law is produced by the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism. This episode was recorded on May 20, 2020.
Staying up to date on issues impacting the legal profession is vital to your success. Subscribe here to get the Commission’s weekly news delivered to your inbox or follow our YouTube channel to be notified when a new Reimagining Law video is posted.