Jumpstart is a preparation program designed to help students develop the academic and interpersonal skills needed to navigate law school and become successful legal professionals.
The three-day orientation program brings together incoming students from groups traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession before the official orientations at their respective law schools. Jumpstart participants include students from all nine Illinois law schools .
Through a series of interactive sessions, students confront the challenges that all first-year law students face and learn about the crucial components of a successful and satisfying law school experience. They also learn about important resources and support available to them on an ongoing basis.
This year’s Jumpstart program will:
- Provide a general overview of what to expect from law school;
- Engage participants in a comprehensive discussion of the key components of academic success, including class preparation, note-taking, outlining, and exam-writing;
- Host a Federal Court Day where students will meet and hear from federal judges and law clerks;
- Facilitate networking opportunities with current law students, attorneys, and law school administrators; and
- Answer questions about summer jobs and externships, student organizations, time management, budgets and scholarships, well-being, and more.
Engage with us on social media via #Jumpstart22.
Schedule and Resources
To view the schedule and resources for each day, click on the buttons below.
Monday, August 1 Schedule Tuesday, August 2 Schedule Wednesday, August 3 Schedule
Click on the button below to view the Jumpstart faculty bios.