Year after year, we continue to see major advancements in technology. However, as we progress, our patience becomes thinner and thinner. We live in a world of immediacy, demanding instant gratification. When we want something, we want it now – and in mint condition.
As lawyers, our current and prospective clients make the same demands of us. The service we provide must be of the highest caliber. BUT, it must also be efficient, accessible, and affordable.
So, what’s a lawyer to do? The answer is two-fold. It requires both the individual and the profession to adapt.
Legal Service Delivery is Changing in Illinois
The good news is that we are changing. This month alone in Illinois, the legal profession has taken major steps to prioritize client demands. We’ve embraced multi-jurisdictional legal service offerings, considered collaboration with lawyer matching services, and put forth more concrete plans that better serve clients in our succession plans.
But it can’t stop there. Individually when we run our practices, we have to put our clients first. How can we make the experience more enjoyable and rewarding for each of them? How can we deliver our services more efficiently without jeopardizing our knowledge and legal expertise?
Below are a few ways YOU can better serve your current clients and grow your practice today:
How YOU Can Deliver Top-Notch Legal Services
- Take the lessons you use at home and bring them to the workplace: Client Relationships: 4 Family Lessons to Make Clients Happier
- Don’t forget the 3 D’s – Diversity, Data, and Delivery: What’s NOT Going To Change?
- We all aren’t seasoned professionals. It’s important to reflect on your first experience in the courtroom: Court Patrons Need To Be Heard
- Though it may seem obvious, it is easy to overlook: Embrace the Empathy
- Using technology and process can help provide greater value: Unlocking Untapped Value: The Future Is Now