Presenting and facilitating legal education courses can be very rewarding. When done well, your course can have a real impact on the challenges facing the legal profession.
The Commission has designed this Train the Trainer toolkit as an easy-to-access, practical resource for legal professionals who are looking for support in developing and delivering educational courses.
- Our Train the Trainer Workbook guides you through best practices in course development and provides templates and prompting questions to apply in your curriculum.
- Our Train the Trainer Course Modules provide additional insight that supports each section in the workbook.
View all of the materials at once or select the modules that are most relevant to your course.
Our Train the Trainer Workbook is designed to guide you through the initial stages of course design and development. The workbook is a functional document, and we encourage you to write down ideas for your course in the space provided.
Some sections are supported by a short online module, which can be found in the section below.
Train the Trainer Course Modules
For the most reliable experience, launch these courses in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge. Course software is not supported by Internet Explorer.
- Adult learners – In this module, you will learn the characteristics of adult learners, how to engage with this audience, and tips for putting the learner first.
- Understanding the learner, understanding the problem – In this module, you will learn how to better understand your learners and the problem you’re trying to solve or impact you’re hoping to have.
- Presenting online – In this module, you will learn the basics of online course delivery including practical tips for setting up your course, communicating a positive tone, and engaging your audience.
- Facilitating Adult Learning – In this module, you will learn the difference between presenting and facilitating learning, and some techniques to turn your course into a facilitated learning experience for your audience.
- Evaluating Your Course – In this module, you will learn how to use evaluation techniques to assess how well you are meeting your course goals.
Share Your Feedback
The Commission is committed to developing effective provider resources to elevate the delivery of CLE in Illinois and beyond. As we continue to expand our portfolio, we welcome feedback from providers and presenters on how to improve our content and additional topics we should cover. Please share your feedback below!
The Train the Trainer resources were developed in collaboration with the ARDC, Cook County Office of the Public Guardian, ISBA, and IICLE. The Commission thanks these organizations for sharing their time and expertise.