The Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism offers a dynamic, thought-provoking, creative environment for expanding careers and professional interests. We seek wise, team-oriented professionals who will advance our mission. The Commission promotes civility, inclusiveness and greater efficacy in the legal and judicial systems of Illinois.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the Commission will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran or disability status.
Are you passionate about caused-based social media marketing? Do you believe effective communication strategy is vital for changing hearts and minds? If you’d like to work with a dynamic team advancing civility, integrity and professionalism among attorneys and judges in Illinois, consider joining the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for supporting strategic communications and social media marketing initiatives to raise awareness of the Commission among target audiences. The Communications Specialist will help oversee the Commission’s digital marketing campaigns and aid in website management. The position is located in the Commission’s Chicago office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute digital marketing campaigns in line with Commission’s calendar of events, organizational mission, editorial content, subject matter areas of expertise, etc.
- Execute email marketing campaigns, analytics / performance tracking, list segmentation and management.
- Analyze campaign performance and provide actionable recommendations on SEO and other metrics.
- Stay on top of digital marketing trends and comparative industry benchmarks.
- Support social media marketing strategy for the Commission’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Research, write and edit high-quality social media content that reflects the Commission’s mission and drives traffic to the website.
- Grow the Commission’s social media presence among Illinois and national legal and judicial communities.
- Strategically map out and schedule social media content, leveraging industry events, Commission activities, legal industry news, etc.
- Engage with followers on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Stay on top of industry news, social media influencers and relevant hashtags to leverage in content.
- Develop graphics to accompany content.
- Support Commissioners and Commission staff on social media, including managing select accounts.
- Provide insights and recommendations for social media strategies, bringing knowledge of the newest trends and technologies to the table and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Assist Communications Director in website maintenance, ensuring WordPress functionality and quality of content.
- Develop link-building strategies and relationships for content-based linking.
- Develop infographics for blog and news posts.
- Select images to enhance written content themes for blog, news and other website posts.
- Work with Communications Director and external vendor to manage updates in WordPress.
- Assist in the planning of The Future Is Now: Legal Services 2.019 and other Commission events.
- Write / edit content for Commission website and external publications.
- Aid in the development of strategic communications and media relations plans.
- Aid in the formatting of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations by Commissioners and staff.
- Research / develop targeted media lists.
- Research / identify industry conferences and other thought leadership opportunities for Commissioners and staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in digital or social media marketing, communications or related disciplines required.
- Expertise in social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Basic skills in Sprout Social (or other social media management platform), MailChimp, WordPress, Google Analytics, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, digital and social media marketing strategies, and social listening / analytics tools.
- Solid team player with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills; knowledge of AP Style a plus.
- Self-starter with proven organizational, analytic and strategic planning skills.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the Commission will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran or disability status.
Send a cover letter and resume to Office Manager David Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be accepted until the job is filled.
About the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism
The Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism was established by the Illinois Supreme Court in September 2005 to promote among the lawyers and judges of Illinois principles of integrity, professionalism, and civility; to foster commitment to the elimination of bias and divisiveness within the legal and judicial systems; and to ensure that those systems provide equitable and efficient resolution of problems and disputes for the people of Illinois.
Pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 799(c), the Commission develops and approves the substance of professional responsibility continuing legal education (CLE) programs, operates a successful Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program, and partners with Illinois law schools to enhance awareness of professionalism issues among lawyers.