The Future Is Now was approved for 5 hours of professional responsibility CLE credit in Illinois, including 0.5 hours of diversity and inclusion CLE. As a part of the CLE application process, participants completed a conference feedback questionnaire. See what participants had to say in the Conference Report.
Articles and other publications related to The Future Is Now talks are provided below. We hope these resources will foster learning and inspire conversations about the delivery of legal services before, during and after The Future Is Now.
Civility & Diversity
- Blackface Exposed: From Controversy to Opportunity, Blake D. Morant, Forbes, February 11, 2019.
- After The Shutdown: The Essentiality Of Compromise, Blake D. Morant, Forbes, January 28, 2019.
- Hope For A Happy (And Civil) New Year, Blake D. Morant, Forbes, December 12, 2018.
- Beyond The Kavanaugh Confirmation: Lessons From India, Blake D. Morant, Forbes, October 15, 2018.
- The Inspiring Professionalism Of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Blake D. Morant, Forbes, September 24, 2018.
- In Praise of Civility, Blake D. Morant, The Atlantic, May 24, 2018.
- Signposts In The Road: The Lawyer’s Ethical Obligation to Promote Diversity In the Legal Profession, David Douglass and Amber Thomson, 2018.
- IILP Review 2017: The State of Diversity and Inclusion in the Legal Profession.
- Empirics in Law: A Scientific Approach to Improving Access to Justice, Joe Forward, State Bar of Wisconsin Newsletter, February 2019.
- Mass Incarceration: The Whole Pie 2019 (breakdown of 2.3M persons locked up in U.S.).
- Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Pretrial Practices – Preliminary Report, December 2018.
- Robin Steinberg’s quest to reform cash bail (The TED Interview | A TED Original Podcast), November 2018.
- Bail fund aims to disrupt ‘a two-tier system of justice’, PBS NewsHour, September 13, 2018.
- What if we ended the injustice of bail?, TED Talk, April 2018.
- The Legal Ecosystem (series of eight articles), Lucy Endel Bassli, Thomson Reuters, 2018.
- The Ethics of Randomization, A2J Lab Blog, December 27, 2017.
- Make Way For The ‘Unicorns’, Lucy Endel Bassli, Law360, November 1, 2017.
- The Bail Project YouTube Channel.
- At the Intersection of Legal Ethics and GDPR, Carolyn Elefant, My Shingle, October 30, 2018.
- Client-Lawyer Matching Services Study of the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois, Released for Comments on May 30, 2018; Version 2, Released on June 25, 2018.
- How Legal Ethics Rules on Non-Fee Splitting Platforms Lead to Unintended Consequences and Ludicrous Results, Carolyn Elefant, My Shingle, June 20, 2018.
- Legal Ethics Are the Least of Lawyers’ Problems When Doing Business Online, Carolyn Elefant, My Shingle, March 15, 2018.
- Ethics opinions have to reflect the present and future—not the past, Carolyn Elefant, ABA Journal, December 1, 2017.
- Ethics Ruling Drives Clients Into the Arms of Legal Zoom, Carolyn Elefant, My Shingle, February 10, 2017.
- As Non Lawyer Providers Move Ahead on Flat Fees, Ethics Regulators Move Backwards, Carolyn Elefant, My Shingle, April 21, 2016.
- The Bar is Failing to Offer Solos Clear Ethics Guidance, Carolyn Elefant, ABA Journal, October 14, 2009.
- Why Online Presence Matters, Legal Talk Network Podcast, April 8, 2019.
- Closing the Loop: Intake from Start to Finish, Gyi Tsakalakis, ABA Law Practice Magazine, Vol 44, No 2 March/April 2018.
- Lawyerist Podcast #90: Designing the Client Experience, with Gyi Tsakalakis, October 19, 2016.
- Word of Mouth, Ratings and Reviews, Gyi Tsakalakis, Attorney At Work, March 25, 2013.